Sunday, January 4, 2009

I love Sundays with all my heart!

I feel like I haven't been to church in ages. Last week I was still home for Christmas and I slept through my alarm for 9 am church in my home ward. The week before was a combined musical Sacrament meeting with four other wards from my stake, Sunday school was about 20 minutes long, and Relief Society was another musical meeting. I love music, it is powerful, but I feel like I haven't been Spiritually fed by the good word of God for about a month, at church anyway. Church today was amazing. I caught up with some friends, made new ones, received the Spiritual uplifting that I've been longing for, and I got a new calling. I'm the Institute rep for my ward and I couldn't be more excited about it!

My little brother blessed that Sacrament today for the first time. He was set apart as a Priest on Monday so today he and my older brother blessed the Sacrament together. I wish I could have been there to see it. I was at least able to be present for his setting apart. I was supposed to go home to St. George Monday afternoon and go back to work, but I called in and was able to find people to work for me so I could stay an extra day. I'm so proud of him!

The new semester starts tomorrow, and I'm really glad that I had a Sunday to prepare. I'm really nervous for some reason. This semester shouldn't be any harder than the last. In fact, it should be easier because I'm taking classes that I want to take and I don't have to wake my brain up from a four year slumber again. But I'm nervous nonetheless. I think I need to do some schedule rearranging because a three hour class from 8-11 pm just doesn't sound appealing to me, and it's going to hinder several other things... It's also hard to decide which classes to take when you're contemplating a transfer to a different school. What's the point in taking pre-recs if they won't apply at another school? But there is also a problem if I decide to stay and haven't taken them. What to do...? I'll figure it out.

No comments: