Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's in Vegas: Good... Beer rain: Bad

For New Year's Eve this year I went to Vegas with a bunch of friends. We loaded nine people into a seven passenger van, got cozy, and headed off to the city of sin. We arrived at about 9 pm and embarked on our horrendously long journey from the Riviera to the Bellagio to see the fountains. I was wearing heels... I've never really been to Vegas except for just passing through and I had NO idea how long the Strip was. Needless to say, by the end of the night I did not need alcohol to give the appearance that I was inebriated... I could hardly walk because my feet hurt so badly and I'm sure that people thought I was drunk. I was drunk by association because there was so much alcohol around. When midnight came, people were crushed together in a massive crowd and beer was raining down. As people began to leave there was a surge of pushing and no one was going anywhere. When one person finally broke through, the entire crowd shifted in a spiral fashion. I thought it was hilarious, though my friends didn't find it so amusing. It was a fun-filled, sober night for a bunch of small city Mormons a little overwhelmed by the eye popping scenery of Las Vegas. It was a fun experience, but one I would not like to ever re-enact. In case you were wondering, we were only witness to the chaos, we did not participate. We got back just before the sun came up, and I didn't wake up until just before it set today.

Now for my New Year's Resolutions. I have many, but I'll only share a few. Especially since my brain has not quite recovered yet and I can't remember most of them at the moment. But here they are:

-Get caught up on my journal and also write each day.
-Continue in my attempt to overcome fears.
-Visit home more often, hopefully about once a month if the gas prices stay low.
-Go to every class this semester (unless sick, or out of town), and be on time
-Have an adventure at least once a month (road trip, vacation, new experience, etc.)

No comments: