Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reminiscence

I've been pondering a lot lately about how my life is going. It's interesting to look back and think of what my life was like this time last year. It's a lot different. I remember thinking at the beginning of this year that it was going to be an awful year. The first thing that happened this year was my car getting vandalized on New Year's and having to fork over a $500 deductible for about $1000 worth of damage to my car. And I got a ticket immediately after taking my car into the repair shop and getting my rental. It was off to an excellent start. There were other things that added to the consensus that this would in fact be an un-joyous year, but I won't get into it. There were also things that suggested otherwise, like my boss giving me money to cover the deductible. Just giving it to me. And my best friend taking me on a trip to San Diego just to get away. It was a roller coaster of a year, but it is ending well. I am a published artist and writer. I got really good grades in school. I have three amazing callings in my ward. I am a better person than I was a year ago, and I'm truly happy. Thank goodness someone is watching over me who knows what I need and directs my paths. I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

No comments: