Monday, December 8, 2008

Play Tryouts

I tried out for a play today. I have resolved that I'm not going to let fear rule my life and miss out on things because I'm afraid, so this was one of the first steps. I have wanted to try out for this play, 110 In the Shade, for months. I feel like I have an emotional connection with the main character. I'm not an old maid or anything, but I sometimes wonder if I'll live and die alone because I am fearful of relationships (another fear I'm working on). I think the audition went okay. I was really nervous, so I didn't perform the way that I had practiced, and I cut a few notes short, but my voice didn't crack, I didn't do anything too embarrassing, and I was at least able to hold out the last note without waivering, so I think it turned out pretty well. There are a couple more days of auditions, the dance audition tomorrow and call backs on Wednesday, then I find out Thursday if I made it or not. I'm hoping. I think it will be a really good experience for me. It will definitely help me accomplish some of my goals.

No comments: