Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tender Mercies

The Lord works in mysterious ways, like they always say. I've been looking for a place to live closer to campus and I found this AMAZING house right by the temple, and only a few blocks from campus. It has a pool, and it's old and vintage. I love it. My brother knows the landlords, and the rent is only a little over $200 a month. I just needed some roommates. So, I started praying that I'd find some. On Sunday I sat by my friend in Sunday school and I was going to ask if she knew anyone who needed roommates. But she asked me where I lived first. So I said that I live in Hurricane, but I'm trying to move. She said she's looking for a roommate so I should move in with her. My prayers were answered! Not in the way I expected, but a blessing none the less!

And this makes me feel like I'm in Jr. High, but it's been making my life interesting lately. I see this boy at the Firesides every week and I've had a crush on him since the first one I went to like 3 months ago, but I still haven't met him. I at least know his name, but we've had nothing more than slight interactions, waving and saying hi. I see him everywhere, though. It makes my day every time. I know, totally Jr. High, but it's something that makes me smile.

I quit my job. I had two, and I quit one about a month ago, and now I've quit the other one. I feel like I'm down here to go to school to be an artist and my schedule for the coming semester doesn't really permit me to work, so I prayed about it and I took a leap of faith and quit my other job. So, now I'm just a full time student. All I've ever done is work, so it's a relief. School doesn't feel like work to me. I enjoy it immensely, even through finals. Somehow it's working out for me to be able to just go to school. I've got waivers and scholarships, and money coming from random sources to keep me afloat. It's all working out miraculously, as everything has with school so far. I love feeling like I'm in the place where I'm supposed to be. Not every day is peachy, like today even, but I am happy to be me and happy to be where I am. The Lord loves me and he's blessing me, and he's blessing my family. Some of my siblings who have been away from the church for some time now are all coming back. That is one of the greatest tender mercies of all. Prayers are answered and the church is TRUE!!!!

No comments: