Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was great this year. I had to work on Christmas Eve and I was expecting to get off at 7 p.m. and then drive home. All the salesmen wanted to go home too I guess, so I got off work a little before 4 and was able to get home at 7:15ish and surprise my family. It was the greatest. I told my sister who I live with in St. George that I was leaving early because I decided it would be smart to have at least one person know I was on the road.

My Grandpa died in June of this year, and he would always read the Christmas story to my family on Christmas Eve so it was hard for everyone that he wasn't here. Two years ago we recorded him reading it for the last time; he was too sick last year for us to go see him. I was sick two years ago with some sort of flu, but my brother gave me a blessing and I felt better. I'm so grateful for the Priesthood so I could spend that last Christmas Eve with my Grandpa. We watched videos of him on Christmas Eve, the ones from his funeral and the one of him reading the Christmas story and we all blubbered like little girls. My Mom gave all of us framed pictures of us with Grandpa. It was one of the best Christmas Eves I've had.

Christmas day was really relaxed. Last year the family didn't wake up until about 9 because we're all grown up now. I woke up thinking they had Christmas without me. This year my brother's kids were here so we woke up just before 7 a.m. I got some sweet gifts, including a piano and the keys light up on it! Then I slept for most of the day. Oh, the joys of holidays. I love sleeping!

No comments: