Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happenings & Changes

I'm going home for Christmas tomorrow! I'm way excited about it. At first it was going to be the same situation as Thanksgiving. I was supposed to work the Saturday after so I would have had to come home after a day and a half, but again some angel decided to close the office. So now I get to go home from the night of Christmas Eve until Monday afternoon. It's going to be awesome! I can't wait to see my Mom. I've been missing her a lot these days, to the point of wanting to move home. But I'm staying in St. George for at least Spring Semester, although I am applying to BYU for next Fall. I don't know if that's what I'll do, but I want to at least apply.

I'm moving in the next week or so. I will be blocks from campus. I'm excited to have roommates and people to hang out with. I'm also excited that when I have a few hours between class that I can go home now instead of figuring out what to do so I don't have to drive to Hurricane and back. Now it's just a quick walk.

My last day at my job is on the 31st. Only four more work days. I'm going to miss the girls I work with, but it's going to be nice to not have to work. I'm going to try to sell my cards for a little income on top of my scholarships and stuff. I've put a few of them up on http://www.thescrapbookingcricut.com/, my sister's website, and we'll see how that goes.

While I'm enjoying the semester and Christmas break (I slept in until about 1:30 today and it was divine!), I am excited for the new semester. I'm going to have about 40 hours of classes each week, but I can't wait. I have four art classes, two dance classes, four institute classes, I'm on the newspaper staff, and I have a smatter of other classes as well. It's going to be wonderful.

I've lost some friends recently (not to death, just by choice on my part or theirs), but I've also made several new ones. I can make connections with new people easily, but sometimes I have a hard time maintaining a friendship. I get insecure and scared that they won't like who I am. That's one of the biggest fears I need to overcome, and has been one of the most difficult for me. I have very few longtime friends, but those I do have I cherish. I've had a lot of single-serving friends, or friends for a season. More than I would like to. I'd like them all to be longtime friends. I found a quote by Jim Carrey that I wanted to share. He said, "I believe that everything that happens to you is the greatest thing that could ever happen to you." I really like that because it goes along with everything happens for a reason. I've found lately that even the things that seem awful turn out to be the best thing for you, so I completely agree with him. Who knew he could be so insightful?

No comments: